Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My PDA Wishlist vs. Palm TX


As I posted earlier, it's time for me to buy a new PDA. I have a tradition of keeping a memo on my Palm with a list of the things I want out of my next PDA. Well, I decided to buy a Palm TX. Here's how the TX matches up against my wishlist.




In the following list, red items are missing from the TX. Everything else is present.




  • Small form factor

  • Large screen area

  • Customizable input area

  • Few steps to open the device

  • Able to replace an MP3 player

  • FM transmitter for playing music

  • Huge memory (~10 gig)

  • Wi-fi

  • Three day battery life without charging

  • Backlit color screen, usable as a flashlight

  • Cell phone

  • GPS

  • Low-res digital camera

  • Thermometer

  • Barometer

  • Accelerometer

  • Barcode reader

No comments: